Life of a PennGSE student

2.21.2007

update

heard back in a sort of unofficially official way that i got the job. i will be the dean of faculty this summer for Breakthrough Collaborative. Dean of Faculty basically means I will be supervising and mentoring the teachers who will teach the middle schoolers.
The only bad part is that it's in Miami. I don't want spend my summer in Miami. I know, this seems silly to some. But I'm just not as carefree as I used to be. I'm not in college anymore, I don't like the instability of moving all the time. And I don't know anyone in Miami, and seeing how shyer (is that a real word) I've gotten since I graduated college, I'm worried about whether or not I will make friends there. Particularly given that most of my age peers will be people I observe and evaluate...that ould be weird. And I don't wanna spend 10 weeks away from my boyfriend. And I wanted to network with Breakthrough in Philly so I could get a fulltime job with them here (my whole plan)...and I'm not even thin enough to be going to Miami beaches in little bathing suits and at least enjoy that aspect of my summer...I don't know if I'm gonna take the job...I'm nervous and scared and I don't wanna be alone. But it will definitely further my career. i'm confused...
On a brighter note, at least I did get the job...

No comments: