So it's been a while since I last posted...Sorry. Spring Break was about 2 weeks ago and it was both much needed and much appreciated. I didn't do much because, I am coming to realize, graduate is not like college. Like my mentor teacher told me "You might be on Spring Break but life goes on!" So I had a weekend vacation to Atlanta and came back to Philly to work during ym Spring Break. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my time away from school, but I'm grateful for the break nonetheless...
And I've been spending this last week getting re-acclimated to school...I get to comfortable during breaks. I definitely had to spend this week getting my head back into the school game. Helping me with this task was the fact that I got a TAKE-HOME MIDTERM on Monday. It was in my favorite class, Psychology of African Americans, so that took a bit of the sting out of it. But it was a short-essay, 7-page, 16-question midterm! I havent had a midtern since my freshman year of college! I couldn't believe it! But I had a week to complete it and it is indeed complete. It just reminded me to stay on task and current in all of my school work. I mean, that is in fact the whole purpose of the midterm, to assess if my knowledge is up-to-date with the course. So I can't hate but so much.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited about htis upcoming weekend! Why? Glad you asked. GSE is having a diversity weekend wherein 15 students from diverse backgrounds will be spending the weekend at GSE, getting the GSE/Penn/Philly experience. Jamie and I did a lot fo work for this (well, mostly Jamie...i was just her right hand man and tried to alleviate any stress here I could, because this was quite an undertaking). I am most excited and anxious about the panel discussion on Friday evening, where I will be a panelist (I feel so important; a panelist!). We will be discussing race in GSE, or more specifically, the minority experience at GSE...very important and interesting topic to me...
More will definitely come about this weekend...
Life of a PennGSE student
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment