So I think I have about two weeks of class left! The end is in sight, and I will be halfway through my journey in grad school. I actually like this time of year, when everyone is abuzz trying to finish final projects and papers and the like. I have a few projects due, and I am pretty excited about them. I really got into this prject for my Psychology of African Americans courses, wherein we had to design an intervention program. My group decided to address the issue of colorism and its effects on sistas. We've titled it "Phenomenal Woman: sistas Speak Real Rap." I wish I somehow new how to put up links to our information, such as the brochure we designed to market our intervention, our powerpoint for the intervention, and my background paper on colorism. It was a lot of work, but it really was a labor of love and something I could actually see myself getting into. I'll try and see if i can find a way to put the info up here. I even found grant info so there would be funding just in case we decide to make this project a real thing!
The Accepted Master's Student's event was on Monday. It went swell! (who uses that word, anyway). I thought it was a success. The students really had a lot of questions that I had never even thought about asking, such as how does the program help a student transition to the Master's level. And the students were all really friendly to each other too! Our ice-breaker activity did not go as planned, as a matter of fact, because the students spent so much time talking to each other. I hope to see all of those faces here at GSE next year! the multicultural reception and dinner was a smashing sucess too. The discussion was stimulating and touched on some important issues, issues that even trascended race, such as campus/city safety. Not to mention the food was good...but we all know that's not the real issue. The point is, it was great, and I am glad to be a part of it. If anyone out there still has questions about it, feell free to contact me!
So now it's on with the remainder of the semester. I am just about finished with all my school work, and now I'm just focusing getting some of my portfolio work done (the master's portfolio) and preparing for my sumer job as assistant director of the summer school program. I'll pull a small vacay in May, and then it's nonstop professional and academic development for me! I can't wait!
Life of a PennGSE student
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment